Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, katachi amti. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Learn how to make Maharashtrian style Katachi Amti from our chef Archana on Ruchkar Mejwani. Katachi Amti is a flavored Dal / Curry accompaniment with Puran. Katachi Amti is a type of seasoned dal prepared by using leftover water from boiled Chana Dal. Makes a great accompaniment for puranpoli!
Katachi amti is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Katachi amti is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook katachi amti using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Katachi amti:
- Get 1 big bowl of katache pani
- Get 1 cup dry coconut pieces
- Get 1 onion
- Take 7-8 garlic crushed
- Get 1 green chilli
- Take 2 tsp malvani masala
- Take 2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Make ready 1 cup Chopped coriander
- Take Handful cashews (slice into two)
- Get 5-6 Kokum or Imli
- Get Sal
- Make ready Tadka hing, rai , jeera, curry leaves
- Prepare Oil
Click here for katachi amti recipe! Katachi amti recipe - To make puran poli stuffing, we boil the dal. Then boiled dal water is strained The leftover stuffing which stuck to the pan will help to make this amti flavorful. Katachi Amti is a Maharashtrian style spicy, tangy, runny dal made from the stock leftover from cooking chana dal.
Instructions to make Katachi amti:
- In a pan add little oil and saute sliced onion 1 green chilli and dry coconut slices.
- Roast them well then cool down and make a paste in a mixer
- In a kadai add oil then crush garlic and tadka items one by one
- Add coriander and saute then add cashew pcs. And stir
- Add katachi paani and let it boil. Add salt and masalas. When boil slow down the flame
- Then add the coconut paste and boil again. Add kokum and let it boil.
- Add coriander and switch off the flame. Check salt and sourness.
Then boiled dal water is strained The leftover stuffing which stuck to the pan will help to make this amti flavorful. Katachi Amti is a Maharashtrian style spicy, tangy, runny dal made from the stock leftover from cooking chana dal. Generally, when Puranpoli is made, the water in which chana dal is cooked. Katachi Amti is a spicy dal made from the leftover water from boiled chana dal used for making puran poli. The sweet puran poli and spicy katachi amti compliment each other well.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food katachi amti recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!