Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, healthy pumpkin curry (kootu curry). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Healthy Pumpkin curry (kootu curry) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Healthy Pumpkin curry (kootu curry) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have healthy pumpkin curry (kootu curry) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Healthy Pumpkin curry (kootu curry):
- Make ready 1⁄4 cup Soaked Chick peas/ channa (brown is healthy)
- Get 3 tbsp Soaked Black eyed peas or any beans u like
- Make ready 1⁄4 kg Yellow Pumpkin
- Take salt
- Make ready 1 pinch turmeric powder
- Make ready 3 tbsp grated coconut
- Take 1⁄2 tsp cumin seeds
- Take 2 clove garlic cloves
- Take 1⁄4 tsp Red chilly powder
- Make ready 1 tsp Coconut oil
- Make ready 1⁄4 tsp mustard seeds
- Take 6 curry leaves
- Make ready 1 small dry red chilly
- Make ready 1 pinch urid dhal
Instructions to make Healthy Pumpkin curry (kootu curry):
- Cut Pumpkins into small cubes. Set aside the soaked channa and black eyed beans. ( can be soaked for 3hours)
- Pressure cook the soaked Black channa and black eyed peas till it is done.
- Once they are done, add the cut Pumpkins, salt and turmeric powder with them and just cook it for one whistle.
- Grind coarsely the grated coconut, cumin seeds, red chilly powder and garlic cloves. Just grind roughly
- Open the pressure cooker, check the pumpkin, it should be soft. No matter if it loses its shape.
- Switch on the flame, heat a pan add oil to that and temper mustard seeds, red chilly, urid dhal, curry leaves.
- Add the boiled things and ground coconut mixture, mix and cover the pan for 2 minutes.
- After two minutes open the pan, mix well, check for salt and allow it to boil for few seconds and remove from fire.
- Serve this with rice, chappati or other Indian bread varieties. Can adjust spiciness according to your taste. Can add other grams or beans also
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food healthy pumpkin curry (kootu curry) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!