Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, neck bones puerto rican. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Neck Bones Puerto Rican is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Neck Bones Puerto Rican is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have neck bones puerto rican using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Neck Bones Puerto Rican:
- Make ready 4-5 pounds pork neck bones
- Make ready 1⁄2 tsp Allspice
- Prepare 1⁄2 tsp Cumin
- Prepare 1⁄2 tsp Smoked Spanish Paprika
- Take 3 Tbsp Olive Oil - Separated 2⁄1
- Prepare 2 Bay Leaves
- Prepare 3 Tbsp Sofrito (can be store bought or homemade)
- Get 1 Tbsp +/- Fresh Garlic
- Take 1 medium Onion halved in rings
- Get 1 packet Sazon seasoning with Culantro and Achiote
- Make ready 1-8 oz can Tomato Sauce
- Prepare 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Take 1⁄4 Cup Pimento Stuffed Olives
- Prepare 1⁄4 Cup Capers +/-
- Make ready 1 tsp +/- Salt
- Make ready 1 tso +/- Black Pepper
Steps to make Neck Bones Puerto Rican:
- Combine Allspice, Cumin and Paprika. Dust both sides of Neck Bones.
- In 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil, brown Neck Bones on both sides. When finished, place in bottom of slow cooker on top of Bay Leaves. Add Red Wine Vinegar.
- In 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, sautee Sofrito until oils release and are fragrant. Halfway through, add the Onions and Garlic taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Add the Sazon packet and Tomato Sauce to the Sofrito mixture and stir to combine.
- At the end of the sautee, add Salt and Pepper
- Pour mixture over the top of the browned Neck Bones.
- Put Olives and Capers on top of Sofrito mixture and sprinkle Oregano on top.
- Set slow cooker to low for 6 hrs.
- Neck Bones should be easily removed at serving time.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food neck bones puerto rican recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!