Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, cornbread (muffins or bread). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Super moist, not crumby, and so tasty they can be eaten plain. These Cornbread Muffins are made with creamed corn so they truly taste of corn and are more moist than traditional Southern cornbread. Cornbread is any quick bread containing cornmeal, and a Native American cuisine. They are usually leavened by baking powder.
Cornbread (Muffins or Bread) is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Cornbread (Muffins or Bread) is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have cornbread (muffins or bread) using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Cornbread (Muffins or Bread):
- Make ready 1 cup cornmeal
- Get 1 cup all purpose flour
- Take 1 tsp. baking powder
- Make ready 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- Take 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- Make ready 1⁄2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted then cooled slightly
- Get 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- Prepare 2 tbsp. honey
- Take 1 large egg, room temperature
- Take 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- Get For Muffin Variation Add:
- Take 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Prepare Optional Add In\’s…Add up to 1 cup (total) of the following :
- Make ready ·Corn Kernels
- Make ready ·Diced Jalapenos
- Make ready ·Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Prepare ·Blueberries
- Take ·Dried Cranberries and Walnuts
This recipe for cornbread works equally as well with yellow, white or blue cornmeal so you can choose the color of cornbread you want! Corn kernels give this moist buttery buttermilk cornbread with corn kernels extra texture and flavor. These golden cheese cornbread muffins are moist and cheesy. Serve the muffins with beans or chili.
Steps to make Cornbread (Muffins or Bread):
- Whisk together in a medium bowl the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar and honey until all combined and no lumps of sugar remains. Then whisk in the egg until just combined. Then whisk in the buttermilk.
- If making muffins rather than the bread, whisk in the vegetable oil to the wet mix along with the honey and sugar***
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until just combined. Careful not to overmix. In using an add-in ingredient, fold them in now.
- For Muffins: Spoon batter into greased muffin tins (either normal sized or mini), filling all the way to the top. Cooking times and temperatures for muffins listed in Step 6 and Step 7. For bread, skip to Step 8.
- For Normal Sized Muffins: Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F, then while keeping the muffins in the oven, lower the temperature to 350°F. Continue baking for another 15-17 minutes. Use a toothpick to test if centers are cooked through.
- For Mini Muffins: Bake for 350°F for 8-10 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean (mini muffins pictured).
- For Bread: Grease and lightly flour a 9 inch square baking pan. Pour batter in and bake for 20 minutes at 400°F, until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Allow to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Store leftovers at room temperature for up to 1 week.
These golden cheese cornbread muffins are moist and cheesy. Serve the muffins with beans or chili. Evenly divide the cornbread mixture into the papers. These pumpkin cornbread muffins have less fat than regular cornbread muffins, yet they\’re equally delicious. Though it\’s a common and inexpensive ingredient, cornmeal can take many forms – bread, muffins, puddings, spoon breads, and more.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food cornbread (muffins or bread) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!