Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, tuwon masara and dried okra soup. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Tuwon masara is a corn flour dish eaten in the northern part of Nigeria. To prepare tuwon masara you must first allow the maize dry and afterwards you Tuwon Masara is best served with soups like, Miyan Taushe (Vegetable Soup), Miyan Kuka (Baoba Soup), Miyan Kubewa (Okra Soup), Miyan. Tuwon masara is a corn flour dish eaten in the northern part of Nigeria. The term tuwon masara is formed from two Hausa words; tuwo (cooked cornmeal) and masara (maize).
Tuwon masara and dried okra soup is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Tuwon masara and dried okra soup is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook tuwon masara and dried okra soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tuwon masara and dried okra soup:
- Take Garin masara/ corn powder 5 milk cups
- Get Dried okro (grounded) 4 table spoons
- Take 1 table spoon Grounded crayfish
- Make ready 2 teaspoon Ghana pepper
- Take 1 teaspoon Ginger powder
- Prepare Locust beans 2 medium balls
- Prepare 1 cooking spoon oil
- Prepare 1 kg mutton
- Make ready Cooking time 45 minutes
To complete the taste, add a teaspoon Dried okra is also common among Igala people of Kogi state. We call it \‘jagada\’ and it\’s cooked with ogbono and plenty of smoked catfish ,grilled. My favourite local Nigerian meal is tuwon masara and miyan kuka also known as luru soup. Miyan kuka is made from dried boabab leaves.
Instructions to make Tuwon masara and dried okra soup:
- Bring water to boil. Make a paste of some of the corn powder and pour in your boiling water. Stir till consistency is a bit thick. Ensure there are no balls formed. Allow to cook for about 12 to 15 minutes stirring from time to time. Pour the remaining corn powder and stir vigourously. Cover and allow to steam for about 3 minutes.
- Wash and put mutton in a pot. Add chopped onions and season to taste. Add your locust beans powder, ginger powder and Ghana pepper. Cover and allow to cook for about 20 minutes till mutton is well cooked.
- Add your oil and grounded crayfish. Stir and taste then correct seasoning. Cover and allow to boil over. Add your dried okro and whisk thoroughly to avoid lumps. Serve alongside your tuwo
My favourite local Nigerian meal is tuwon masara and miyan kuka also known as luru soup. Miyan kuka is made from dried boabab leaves. It\’s a Pounded yam is a Nigerian delicacy made out of boiled yam. It\’s like mashed potatoes but just heavier. Egusi soup is made from egusi seeds and different.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food tuwon masara and dried okra soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!